Division : Gamma Entertainment
Job Category : Marketing
Employment Status : Full Time
Added : 2012-04-02
Gamma Entertainment is a company specialized in multimedia and e-commerce. We operate within 2 main activities: contextual advertising and entertainment products on the Internet. Gamma is a young and dynamic company with 150 employees, with plans for further expansion. Gamma offers a dynamic work environment, competitive salaries, RRSP possibilities, a complete collective insurance package, flexible schedule, paid training, free parking, active social club and much more!
Within the marketing department, the SEO Specialist serves as the main reference for all of Gamma's employees and partners with regards to search engine optimization. He is responsible for implementing ongoing SEO campaigns for multiple internal and partner websites and collaborating with marketing managers to apply best practices for new site launches. Focus projects will include developing strategies based on reports and analysis and recommending key SEO opportunities for on-site optimization, keyword research, link building and content distribution campaigns. He is comfortable in an inter-disciplinary role, interacting with many levels of the organization and will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
- Act as a liaison between multiple areas in the organization, understand business needs, and review all projects for SEO campaigns.
- Conduct regular SEO audits for both internal and partner websites.
- Produce in-depth keyword research, link analysis, SEO trees, SERP analysis and site reviews.
- Track competitor SEO metrics (ranks, inbound links, on-page optimization, etc...)
- Analyze and translate data from web analytics into actionable plans.
- Manage and execute ongoing SEO strategies for all partner and internal websites.
- Manage SEO efforts across multi-language platforms.
- Collaborate with marketing managers to develop SEO strategies for new product launches.
- Collaborate with media buying team to execute paid link-building strategies.
- Utilize and coordinate between online PR, copy writers, and social media specialists to boost quality inbound links.
- Create linkbait content such as viral articles, videos, social media widgets, etc..
- Prepare regular reports for Partners and Product Directors
- Educate teams on SEO best practices and provide an SEO perspective on all new projects to ensure each project is properly optimized.
- Provide guidance on how to utilize SEO campaigns for brand promotion.
- Produce best practice guides and internal documentation.
- Keep on top of latest trends in the SEO industry with constant research in the SEO community.
- A passion for SEO with 3 + years of experience managing SEO campaigns.
- High level of familiarity with the 3 major search engines, their content networks, and campaign management interfaces.
- Advanced experience using Open Site Explorer, Majestic SEO, Rank Checker, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics.
- Proven track record of generating measurable results in organic search and meeting SEO goals.
- Demonstrated ability to track, analyze, and present data in a comprehensible way.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, XML, client and server-side technologies a plus.
- Experience using video-sharing and social media for content distribution a must.
- Search marketing / media buying experience an asset.
- Understanding of geo-targeting, A/B testing, and conversion ratio optimization an asset.
- Excellent online marketing knowledge, including research, social media, and web trends.
- Ability to work both independently, as a team player, and in a mentorship position.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills are a must. Bilingualism preferred.